Re: anaconda/grub2/ostree/uefi/cats/dogs

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014, at 09:00 AM, Matthew Garrett wrote:

> *Practically* speaking, we could support the use of fragments even if
> there's no separate partition (ie, drop them in /boot directly). This
> would be outside the spec (there's no guarantee that an arbitrary
> bootloader will support whatever filesystem/RAID/whatever setup your
> /boot is on), but would work fine in the Fedora case.

Right...while I know it's a big world with diverse use cases, starting
from the matrix of "arbitrary bootloader" and "all storage
configruation" is just asking for pain =)

Now I do understand the goal of upgrading from BIOS to UEFI, but it also
feels like scope creep.  It doesn't work seamlessly today (AFAIK), and
I'd prefer to focus on bringing more sanity to the config files and
bootloader interactions.