Re: Idea for making custom partitioning more accessible

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 09:59:04PM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> We had a discussion about this in IRC today, and after a few iterations
> (we started with
> http://linuxgrrl.com/fedora-ux/Projects/Anaconda/Sketches/Straight-To-CustomPart/custom-part-button.png
> and iterated from there) I put some more work into a set of mockups that
> might work. The thing is, it's hard to just add a button here or move
> something there without affecting a lot of other things - in this case,
> the display of the dialog on exit from storage entirely and the
> encryption and autopart type options.

Awesome! I'll have to try it in action because going through the walkthrough
isn't quite the same as trying it in a real case, but, it looks like it
really addresses the things that confused/frustrated me before.

> The only sticking point here is that auto-part folks won't get to choose
> their flavor unless they go into custom. But maybe it's good, people who
> don't really know the difference won't have to even make the choice. And
> it's easy enough to go into custom, hit auto part for the flavor you
> want, and get out?

Flavor in this case is Partition Scheme? I think it makes sense for that to
go away for automatic, because hey, automatic.

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>