Re: Idea for making custom partitioning more accessible

On 10/22/2013 10:20 PM, Leslie S Satenstein wrote:
The idea is great. Please make the two entries into buttons as opposed to appearing as links. May I also suggest the two be placed between [DONE] and the [keyboard selection / display]
 icon.

We should not have to go to the 4 corners of the window to do things as we now have to. Please also note that some video monitors overscan (until setup in Fedora), and that the bottom or right side is often past each rrespective margin.
I agree with these comments.

Let me also add the following since you are working in the area:

1. For "root", I must always have a fresh partition, logical volume or subvolume. This means that if it already exists, I must reclaim and reformat (or its btrfs equivalent of format destroy, device destroy, subvol device creqte, subvol format).

2.  Given that there is free space, I should be able to create and format.

3. If there is an existing partition, logical volume or btrfs-subvol, I should be able to attach that to a mount point on the new system (that is, have that added to /etc/fstab). This should include EXISTING SWAP WITHOUT REFORMATTING the swap! This is something I cannot now do!

This aggravates me. Consider the case where you have mulitple versions of a system install on the same set of disks with all versions using the same swap and referencing it by UUID. The only way to keep the UUID is to not format it. I can currently do this by using kickstart but I cannot do it as a "regular GUI install.

Gene