Help with translations

Hi,
I am traslating Anaconda to Italian and having a bit of "fun" trying
to find a good term for "rescan", used in 5 strings. I did not try the
installer (yet) so a bit of context about where this is used would
help. I think it is safe to assume it indicate some sort of analysis a
user can/need to perform on disks but why the re- part? Additionally,
using it as verb/noun does not help as well. Is it some technical term
so I better leave it alone, or maybe I can translate it as
analysis/analize to the same effect?

thanks in advance

Gianluca

--