Re: How to skip bootloader updating in kickstart?

On Thu, 2013-09-05 at 12:52 +0300, Alexander Todorov wrote:
> На  5.09.2013 11:52, Vratislav Podzimek написа:
> > On Thu, 2013-09-05 at 11:16 +0300, Alexander Todorov wrote:
> >> Hi guys,
> >> what is the command to skip the bootloader update when performing upgrades via
> >> kickstart? I see no relevant options here (or I'm blind):
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Kickstart#bootloader
> > Which version of which product are you asking about? Anaconda no longer
> > does upgrades on Fedora.
>
> Sorry for misunderstanding. I'm mostly interested in RHEL 6 and older Fedora
> releases. I was expecting to see something like
>
> bootloader --skip-update

I don't think anything you do in anaconda is going to have much (if any)
effect on an upgrade. The bootloader configuration is going to be
updated by grubby (via the kernel rpm %post), which anaconda has no
control over.

If you are trying to keep the older version of your bootloader package
through the upgrade I expect that to be impossible.