Re: Help with translations

On 09/05/2013 06:33 PM, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
Hi,
I am traslating Anaconda to Italian and having a bit of "fun" trying
to find a good term for "rescan", used in 5 strings. I did not try the
installer (yet) so a bit of context about where this is used would
help. I think it is safe to assume it indicate some sort of analysis a
user can/need to perform on disks but why the re- part? Additionally,
using it as verb/noun does not help as well. Is it some technical term
so I better leave it alone, or maybe I can translate it as
analysis/analize to the same effect?

thanks in advance

Gianluca

All of those strings appear in the same dialog. In custom partitioning, when the user hits the "Refresh" button on the partition list, the Rescan dialog will pop up with some additional information, a "Rescan" button, and then progress and results. The idea is that the disks have already been scanned at this point, but the user wants to add or remove disks and then ask anaconda to scan the disks again.

Analyze would also work, but you should probably make your choice for "rescan" consistent with the instances of "scan" also in that dialog: "Scanning disks" and "You may go back to the main menu to complete other installation options while this scan completes."

I hope this helps.