Re: Language and locale selection

On Jul 25, 2013, at 6:01 AM, Vratislav Podzimek <vpodzime@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So I tried to tweak Máirín's suggestion a bit and implement it [1]. I
> think it's pretty good, but we should probably make it wider to use a
> bit more space. Othewise there is a lot of empty space and the list
> views and columns are kind of "squeezed" together.
>
> [1] http://vpodzime.fedorapeople.org/lang_locale_selection.webm
>
> Any other suggestions are, of course, welcome. I'd just like to point
> out that these changes aply also to the "Language Support" spoke which
> should provide languages together with their locales as well.

It looks usable, although there still is much redundancy, however. e.g. English, English, English, (United States). Of the four fields, only two contain the necessary information to make a selection: the first and last (in parenthesis) fields. The superfluous information does clutter the interface with a lot of text.

Second, the locale listing doesn't appear to be ordered in an obvious way, e.g. Spanish locales are definitely not in alphabetical order, which is confusing. Same for English.

Chris Murphy