Re: Language and locale selection

On Fri, 2013-07-19 at 17:24 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 04:30:47PM -0400, Chris Lumens wrote:
> > > [1]
> > > http://vpodzime.fedorapeople.org/locale_selection_vertical_windows.png
> > I don't really like either.  To me, it's not at all clear what is being
> > asked of me here.
> > I'm curious if this even needs to be at this early stage of
> > installation.  Does this setting really affect anaconda?  Can it be
> > pushed off to perhaps its own spoke while package installation is
> > happening?
>
> It says "What language would you like to use during the installation
> process" -- is that _not_ what it is? I assume that if you are not an
> English speaker you want to make this choice as soon as possible.

I don't think it's entirely clear if the secondary box is intended to
let you pick a variant of a language which has several, or if it is for
picking a locale (with the list being populated based on the language
you chose), or if it's intended to do both?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey