Re: Blivet & RAID10

On Thu, 2013-07-04 at 00:20 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> AW> I don't see how this is 'boned'. It is not practical to try and
> AW> implement, in anaconda, a partitioning tool that can do every damn
> AW> thing under the sun that the underlying tools are capable
> AW> of.
>
> Well, it kind of was implemented, in F18 and before, as evidenced by the
> fact that I've been installing (via kickstart) these machines this way
> since F10.  Breaking this now seems capricious.  It's not as if the
> procedure for creating a 3-drive RAID10 is any different than creating a
> 4-drive RAID10.

There is more to what anaconda/blivet does than the procedure you'd use
from the command line. That's what makes them both useful.

As I said (or at least alluded to) before, the addition of support for
btrfs raid necessitated limiting our definition of the raid10 level so
that it would be supported by both backends (mdadm & btrfs).

A proper resolution to this matter is on my TODO list, but not at the
top of it. In the meantime, I will ask that you "pardon our progress"
and use one of the available workarounds to install to a 3-drive RAID10.

Thanks.