Re: Blivet & RAID10

On 2013-07-03 10:02, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
"DL" == David Lehman <dlehman@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

DL> That user can create the array prior to installing the OS.

Boned again, I see.  Seems to be my lot in life.

I don't see how this is 'boned'. It is not practical to try and implement, in anaconda, a partitioning tool that can do every damn thing under the sun that the underlying tools are capable of. anaconda/blivet is already a *lot* more capable than most distro installers; at some point you just can't crowbar any more complexity in there without making it pretty much unusable.

It seems pretty reasonable to me to say 'look, there are some configs we just can't reasonably put in the UI, if you want to use them, pre-create them'. It's not a *life sentence*, or anything. It's not like it's particularly hard to pre-create your layout. Hell, some people prefer to do it that way.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey