Re: RAID UI redo

Interesting. Looks like the man pages at die.net are out of date. The functionality and documentation is in Fedora 18 however.

> I won't speculate on what some might want or would recommend in an installer, that's not my place.  I just wanted people to be aware this support is already in RHEL 6.3+, in addition to upstream, since some were not aware of it.

Thanks for this. I'm looking over the nomenclature and syntax used and it's quite different from mdadm when it comes to creating and managing arrays (grow, add device, convert level, failed/failing devices, getting info on). That's a concern I still have, but there are clearly big advantages of the integration.

If it weren't already in RHEL, I'd be inclined to think it's too soon for F19 to implement "RAID LVs" rather than LVM on an md device. But maybe that's exactly what the anaconda team has in mind for "LVM on RAID"?

For managing, it's a huge change from what users are used to, which obviously doesn't mean "don't do it" but it's just a big change. The complaints about anaconda 18 lacking LVM on RAID as a regression from 17 are pretty minimal.

Does the LVM implementation have device failure notification? I'm not seeing the equivalent of md sending a failure email in the lvm.conf.

Chris Murphy