Re: RAID UI redo

On 03/11/2013 04:08 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Based on some of the conversations I had with people about LVM-on-RAID, I'm
> wondering if it might be best to move _entirely_ to LVM as the RAID
> technology. I think this UI would cover that pretty well, too, without much
> change.

What do you mean by this? Are you referring to LVM's built in
mirror/stripe ability? If so, IIUC, it only covers the equivalent of
RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 10, not the others, so it doesn't make sense to
me to throw mdraid out in favor of it (is that what you are proposing?)

> I really like the link for the disk selection box. I think I'd feel even
> better if that were represented somewhere visually even without having to
> click. Would it be possible to show this in some way where the pink and grey
> available/total boxes are?

Unfortunately there isn't a scalable way to do this; we've brainstormed
about it before. If you have any good ideas though they are most
certainly welcome.

~m