Re: Anaconda threads and Yum with rpm backend

On 12/11/2012 01:01 PM, Martin Sivak wrote:

  From the "make it somehow work for F18" POV I'd guess the easiest
  thing
would be doing it in anaconda: unlike rpm and yum, it doesn't have an
API it needs to guarantee for its users, and (because of that) its
need

Yeah, that is probably true...

for transferring state across the fork border is also by far the
smallest of the three. As its AFAICT not doing fine-grained
per-package
progress meter any more it might be "just" a matter of pushing
package
names along with the total progress across pipes or such.

oh, but we still have per package progress updates and error reporting with abort/continue dialogs in case anything bad happens..

Terminology mixup :) By fine-grained I meant the "in-package" file-level progress which anaconda no longer appears to do. Yes, you'll of course need a cross-process callback communication, just somewhat less of it than what would be needed for rpm or yum.

	- Panu -