Re: F18: will disk partitioning be fixed ?

On Fri, 2012-09-28 at 22:44 +0200, J. Thomsen wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:58:41 -0400,Chris Lumens <clumens@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >When you lead off with insulting comments, you are less likely to see
> >the results you want.
>
> It is not an insult. It is an observation of an apparent design goal based on a publicly
> released product.

If you spent 1 second searching online about the anaconda redesign you'd
easily find the stated and actual (not assumed by you and sadly
incorrect) design goals. Why did you spend more time than that trolling
this list, asserting things you didn't bother looking up? I don't
understand.

If you find yourself confused or upset by software, it's usually better
to ask questions rather than make accusations and share your feelings on
a development list. And it's usually a good idea to resort to asking a
development list after doing some research and coming up empty after
that.

Here, since you seem to need some help, I'll rewrite your email for you:

"I tried the new F18 anaconda UI and I have some questions about it.
Would you mind helping me figure it out?

"1. How do I use LVM over mdadm? (bz 854105)

"2. I don't know how to use mdadm with disks of separate sizes. Is this
possible? (bz 854105)

"3. I don't know how to indicate which physical disk I want a given
partition to be on. How do I do this? (bz 854105)

"4. Is there a way to display the /dev path for the volumes in the
custom partitioning UI? (bz 855646)

"5. Is it possible to re-use an existing disk layout when installing
Fedora?

"6. Is it possible to view the model and serial number of disks in the
new Anaconda UI?

"7. Is it possible to review the size, position, and type of partitions
in the UI?

"8. Is it possible to create a new swap partition?"

To your new email, I know some of the answers, but I feel like I've
already spent enough time on you to answer them right now. Good luck.

~m