Re: F18: will disk partitioning be fixed ?

On 09/28/2012 01:44 PM, J. Thomsen wrote:
On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:58:41 -0400,Chris Lumens <clumens@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

When you lead off with insulting comments, you are less likely to
see the results you want.

It is not an insult. It is an observation of an apparent design goal
based on a publicly released product.

You've insulted us in your first message, and you continue to make assumptions about the design goal, without having read any of the design process. That's continued insult. This is my last reply on the thread if you continue to be rude and hostile toward those you are seeking a conversation with.

If you'd followed our discussions, you would see that our end goal
is to

I am not a member of the development team. In my world I expect to
see primarily bug fixes, not major functional changes in a released
alpha version of a product due to be final in a very short time, .

Perhaps you have a misunderstanding of our release process. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_18_Alpha_release_notes#The_Purpose_of_the_Alpha_Release

The Alpha release is the first widely distributed of the work in progress Fedora 18 release. Alpha happens just after the Feature Freeze, so it is certainly full of major functional changes, aka features. There is a lot of time between the Alpha release and the Final release. Months of time spent fine tuning these features and fixing bugs that are discovered from the wider testing. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/18/Schedule

Alpha really is the time to see major functional changes.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!