Re: problem with PXE-boot kickstart install - network

On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 23:03 -0500, David A. Marlin wrote:
> Brian C. Lane wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 09:42:48PM -0500, David A. Marlin wrote:
> >
> >> So while we find a solution to the underlying issue, is it possible
> >> to force the installer to use dhclient, or some other
> >> non-NetworkManager method to start networking?  Since I was able to
> >> ssh in to the system, I have to assume 'something' other than
> >> NetworkManager is starting networking.

Both initramfs and NetworkManager use dhclient behind the scenes. If you
pass an 'ip=XXX' arg or a kickstart with a 'network' line, dracut
configures the interface (e.g. by starting dhclient) and then hands the
interface over to NM[1] when the system starts for real.

If NM really isn't running, the interface is probably still up because
dhclient brought it up previously. That might be enough to let you keep
testing, but really.. you gotta fix that first, or do non-network
installs.

-w