Re: PATCH fix 510970, 529551, 530541

Hi,

On 12/01/2009 04:35 PM, Chris Lumens wrote:
Thanks for also reviewing this, the second (third) pair of eyes is
appreciated. I do have one question though. The first patch of the
latest sets removes /boot/upgrade/install.img, which is a good thing
to do as that frees precious /boot place before starting the upgrade,
but if we do that why not just completely rm -fr /boot/upgrades ?

preupgrade also puts the kickstart file, initrd, and kernel in
/boot/upgrade.  We probably don't want to remove any of those until
post-upgrade.

In fact now that I think about it, I'm not sure removing
/boot/upgrade/install.img so early is great either.  Note that we will
be removing it when the doBackendSetup step is called, which is before
we do anything with packages.

If we already remove it before yum checks to see if there is enough
freespace there, then indeed that part of this patch set should be dropped.

Regards,

Hans