Re: FutureFeature: anaconda stage1 shell?

> 1. Mail reply: I'm pretty sure that your mail is in the list.

You were right.  I didn't see it but it was there.  Sorry.

> 2. shell in stage1.  We try to start the shell as soon as we can, we
> actually do start the shell in steage one, but since things are
> happening so fast, one only notices it afterwards.

I don't know when you start it, but when I get that error message
(and I assume the stage1 does not go on from that point) I see no
shell in console two.  The screen is totally blank, no prompt is
visible, and when I type a <return> nothing happens: no prompt.
(The various status messages are in consoles three and four OK.)

I would be very happy (as I originally requested) to have a shell
be usable at that point, so I could use it to try to debug things.
If you don't think most people want it I'd be happy if it only was
(say) when the "debug" flag was specified -- or even some new one.

> 3. May I suggest rawhide?

That's fine with me but I've never downloaded a rawhide before.
Are the ISO images available somewhere?  I didn't see them but
maybe I was looking in the wrong places (out on the mirrors).
Can you tell me where to get ISO images (the DVD or CDROMs)?
(Remember, my goal is to install via PXE and then NFSISO.)

> Additionally the alpha is about to come out and I
> would strongly recommend that you give it a shot.

At your suggestion I looked around and downloaded the disc1 of
the "RC2" of the F12 Alpha release (although further looking
suggests that maybe the final Alpha will be along very soon).
I haven't tried anything with it yet but I hope to soon.

> And, if you can, pls respond and post to the list. :)

As you can see, I tried.  8-)