Not possible to get an /etc/hosts entry for a hostname/ip combo not already in DNS

I'm debugging bug 480858, but realizing that even if we fix that bug,
we're still not going to find an IP to put in /etc/hosts for the
hostname.  getaddrinfo is going to look at dns, fail, and assume we
don't have an IP.  The hostname gets tossed on the localhost line.

Is this desired?  Should we have some better method of matching the
hostname we gave anaconda with the IP address we either gave anaconda,
or got from DHCP?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!