Re: Can the install method be contained within a kickstart file that is referenced via a %include option

Matthew Richards wrote:
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a whirl. One question that springs to mind , do you know if identifying the USB drive via its label (which is how I am identifying it in my %pre script coincidentally) will prevent Anaconda from seeing the USB drive as a viable install target?

Think the usb drive becomes a "protected partition", and thus becomes unavailable as an install target.

Do you think I should also include an option of (ignoredisk --drives=LABEL="name") in the kickstart file, and is that syntax even supported?

Not sure, I just tried the LABEL=drive trick last week, to my surprise it worked straight away with F9. Sorry I don't recall if the usb-drive showed up while partitioning.

Jerry