Re: Creating an ext 2 image update

Arthur Rodrigo Sawazachi Valadares wrote:
Hi joel, I believe you are right, I'm probably using a different version
of anaconda with my RHEL5u2 installation. The problem is how do I solve
this? I wish to test the newest anaconda in SVN (which is the one I'm
editing), but to test anaconda, I need a working RHEL. To which RHEL
does this anaconda relate to (if there is one)? Is it possible for me to
test this new anaconda on RHEL5u2, which is the one I'm using to
install?

If you are using rhel just get your hands on anaconda's srpm and get the source from there.  Chances are you'll be using the same code that is on the installer.  Also. I'm pretty sure that installing anaconda `yum install anaconda` will get you the correct code as well.  (be sure that you have the same versions.

FYI.  ATM you cannot use a different version of anaconda to install different versions of distributions.  IOW, you need RHEL52 anaconda version to install RHEL52.  So if you want to change the RHEL52 installation you best work with RHEL52 anaconda.

Thank you,