Re: Having a iSCSI Flag while Installation

Prasanna Mumbai wrote:
After having some discussion, the outcome was scanning this memory location
when there is no iBFT will be a potential case for Crashing the system.

Which is why this scanning needs to be done through the ACPI tables, as we've previously discussed.

I am suggesting to have a global flag called iSCSI while installing(like
other flags "askmethod", "updates"),  so when installing the user should
tell the Anaconda explicitly to get the values from iBFT.

There's no real point in a flag, I don't think. Once we can find iBFT information through ACPI, the plan is that if the iBFT is present and has data, we simply use it by default. You still have to be able to change the values (or specify your own in e.g. kickstart), but by default we'll just use the info from the firmware.

--
  Peter