Re: Changing MTU for pxeboot

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 07:24 +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> Olivier BONHOMME wrote:
> > David Cantrell a écrit :
> >> Sure, people tend to ask for that from time to time.  No promises, but
> >> send your patch(es).
> >>
> > In order to make the patch I see 2 opportunites :
> >
> > - Creating a set_mtu function which uses the mtu parameter entered in
> > the kickstart file. The mtu is set on the ethernet card using an IOCTL.
> > - Make the loader using the option interface-mtu set in the dhcp server.
>
> Using the value offered by DHCPD is always sane, it frustrates me
> immensely that so much of what information dhcpd can provide is unused.

Please file a bug against libdhcp for this feature.  Thanks.

I'm working on a redesign and rewrite of libdhcp to correct many of its
lackings and remove a lot of the unnecessary baggage it drags along.
Feel free to file an RFE against libdhcp explaining what you would like
libdhcp to use from dhcpd.  Explanations like that are helpful from
users, but we don't always effectively communicate that need to them.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Red Hat / Westford, MA