Re: Changing MTU for pxeboot

Olivier BONHOMME wrote:
John Summerfield a écrit :
You don't say what feature is missing or from where. Did you see this, and is it relevant?
option path-mtu-plateau-table uint16 [, uint16...  ];

That seems to me to attend to the server side.

In order to code the patch, I would want to know if there is a way to test the binary loader without recreating an initrd and boot it on a new system ?

Creating an initrd is no sweat, it's just a CPIO archive these days. It's usually compressed, but that's not necessary, so once you have a script to build your binary, then all you need to do more is put it in the right place and run cpio to create a new initrd.

As to testing, how else would you test it other than by running on h/w where you have a problem?

I expect you can do the basic "Does it boot?" test under xen.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait