Re: Community ks.cfg directory proposal

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 14:50 -0700, Greg Morgan wrote:
> Would a community kick start directory/repository be possible? The idea
> is that a body of kick start scripts would be developed by the
> community.  So, if a squid server is needed, say, the
> ksrepo/squidserver/ks.cfg file could be used to implement such a system.

I'd love to see some of this.  I started to make a place for things like
this on the wiki a while ago at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KickstartSnippets but it really is going
to require more than me to flesh it out

[snip]
> It would be great if these ks files were on the first CD for easy boot
> time access, if there is not too great of a size impact.

The problem with having it on the first CD is that the package set
that's on the CD is something that's going to start being a lot more
fluid.  And trying to match "this ks.cfg should go on this CD, but not
this one" just isn't something that I'm really interested in having to
maintain.  And things like partitioning, networking, passwords really
don't want to be defaulted as that's going to cause weirdness for people

Jeremy