Wrapping a dist with a boot/kickstart disc.

Hi folks—

How does one generate a boot disk (CD) wrapping a distro?

The constraint is that the original distro disk(s) remain unmodified (fwiw: a RHEL3 variant)

The minimal boot disk supplies the installer kernel, splash screens, and a kickstart.

My plan is to pull the installer from the distro, but not any of the RPMS.

My first attempt booted; asked for the distro CD; and promptly refused to recognize it.

Since this is my first attempt with anaconda I’m full of questions.  To start:

Do I still need a .discinfo if no RPMS come from the boot disk?

-          If so, must it match the distro?

How about a .buildstamp?

Do I need a <distro>/base directory providing the anaconda ramdisks?

Is there a cookbook for this sort of operation?

BTW—does http://rau.homedns.org/twiki/bin/view/Anaconda/ have a new home?

Thx,

--rich