Re: requiring .discinfo in exploded remote trees

David Lehman wrote:

If you want to simplify the deployment of multiple releases you should
look into PXE and/or an RHN Satellite. You can even master your own cds
with an expanded isolinux.cfg that allows you to select which release's
boot media to use.

First, thank you for setting the reply-to-list header for the list! (or whoever just changed it)

I'm not understanding something. I do master my own cd's, with a custom isolinux.cfg. That file is ON the boot media. How do you select boot media from isolinux.cfg? Or, as you say in your other reply how is it possible that "a single cd that can boot multiple kernel/initrd pairs and use it to do installations of various releases over the network, as long as your boot media matches your target tree." Doesn't 'cd' = 'boot media'?

-Ed