Re: requiring .discinfo in exploded remote trees

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 13:04 -0700, Ed Brown wrote:
> David Lehman wrote:
>
> > If you want to simplify the deployment of multiple releases you should
> > look into PXE and/or an RHN Satellite. You can even master your own cds
> > with an expanded isolinux.cfg that allows you to select which release's
> > boot media to use.
>
> First, thank you for setting the reply-to-list header for the list!

I'm just setting it manually each time I post since I think it should be
there.

> I'm not understanding something.  I do master my own cd's, with a
> custom isolinux.cfg.  That file is ON the boot media.  How do you
> select boot media from isolinux.cfg?  Or, as you say in your other
> reply how is it possible that "a single cd that can boot multiple
> kernel/initrd pairs and use it to do installations of various releases
> over the network, as long as your boot media matches your target
> tree."  Doesn't 'cd' = 'boot media'?

In that sentence I mean "kernel/initrd pair" when I say "boot media".
Sorry for the confusion. Note that the cdrom's .discinfo would only need
to get checked in the case of http tree with cdrom stage2.