Re: requiring .discinfo in exploded remote trees

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 20:41 +0100, Jeroen Janssen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just wondering about the following at the moment:
>
> What does this change (.discinfo in the tree) mean for building an
> installation (CD or http repository)?

Nothing, really. All it means is that you'll have to unpack .discinfo as
well when unpacking an ISO set for use as an HTTP repository. You might
already do this.

> Does this mean that I'm "required" to (rebuild) the initrd & stage2
> images whenever an RPM changes in the repository?

Absolutely not. It has nothing to do with the content of the image files
or the package set. It is a single file that exists in the ISO image
that should also exist in your http tree.

Let me know if that doesn't clear it up for you.