Re: RFI: How to debug a particular problem with grub-install

I've experienced a similar problem with HP boxes, but only when mixing
some fibre channel devices (labeled as sd[a-z]) and some cciss devices.
(/dev/cciss/c0d0).  It seems that anaconda favors putting grub on the
/dev/sda fiber device per default, which is a bad thing since it's an
external storage cabinet and we'd rather boot off the local drives on the
cciss controller.  I had to go into "Advanced Boot Loader Options" and
specify the drive ordering.  There are kickstart flags for this as well.

James S. Martin, RHCE
Contractor
Administrative Office of the United States Courts
Washington, DC
(202) 502-2394

anaconda-devel-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx wrote on 09/05/2006 05:36:17 AM:

> Hi,
>
> I have a particular problem, only verified with RHEL4AS U4, where
Anaconda