driverdisk option on RH7.3

Hello everybody,

This is my first posting to this list so I hope I am not wasting your time with a question about such an old release.

I need some help/advice evaluating a problem I have using the RedHat 7.3 anaconda installer. I have spent many hours on it so far and have finally decided I need expert assistance !

I'm trying to build a self-contained custom install DVD for RH7.3. I want this DVD to install a 3ware raid driver (3w-9xxx.o) on the hard disk without having to resort to using a a driver diskette.

The documentation describes a kickstart option called 'driverdisk'. By my reading, it appears that I ought to be able use this option in two steps:

1) place a copy of all the files on my 3ware driver diskette (i.e. modules.cgz, module-info, mpodules.dep etc) onto the root of my install DVD
  2) modify the ks.cfg file in my DVD's initrd.img to include the line

   driverdisk hda --type=iso9660

Sadly, this doesn't work :-(

The relevant doc URL is
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.3-Manual/custom-guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html.

Am I simply misinterpreting how to us this option or is it fundamentally broken ? If the latter, are there any work-arounds to remove the need for the diskeette ? I can build and run the DVD no problem but when the install completes, the system can't boot from the HDD because the module is not there to be found.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance,

John