Media weirdness

Are there any known issues with Kickstart on FC5?

I have a DVD-RW that I burned that passes media
checking both on the source and target machines (I use
the checkisomd5 command on the raw device, and
then "linux mediacheck" again on the target machine).

Yet when I try to install from it, I sometimes get a
message about "The package mgetty-... cannot be opened. This is
due to a missing file or perhaps a corrupt package. yada yada"

Oddly, if I reboot and try again, it may fail on the same package,
or it may fail on another.

Sometimes reburning the DVD fixes the issue.  Some times it
doesn't.

Seems to be a non-deterministic.

And if I click on "Retry" on the error dialog pop-up, I get
an exception:

timer.stop()

in getRPMFilename() in image.py....

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'stop'

(noting also that getRPMFilename() has "None" as the 3rd parameter
in the caller.

Does any of this sound familiar?

-Philip