Re: handleKernelModule patch

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 14:34 -0400, Jack Neely wrote:
> Well, at this point kernel module support isn't supposed to be in Yum
> propper.  Current CVS of anaconda shows that call commented out (line
> 562).  And that's the correct answer here, anaconda should not be
> calling that function.  In fact, Jeremy, see attached.

All of the depsolving stuff in anaconda needs to be cleaned up as the
changes for CD support are pushed down into yum proper (which Paul is
working on)

> With what may be a new job and RHEL 5 looking like it will be completely
> Yum based I'll have a lot more time/ability to sit down and work on that
> plugin so it doesn't suck.
>
> Jeremy, how are you planning to handle Yum plugins in Anaconda?

Haven't decided yet ;)  Realistically, we'll probably need to end up
using the "base" set of yum plugins we ship in Core by default and then
possibly some kickstart syntactic sugar for people who want to go crazy
and add additional plugins there.  But they could really already go
crazy in %pre.

Jeremy