Ideas for some changes...

Well, I figured out that one of my issues was that the --isUtc option to
timezone had been replaced with --utc (which I've not yet found documented)
and that it wasn't backward compatible (even though things like the "yes"
argument to "zerombr" are non-fatal warnings).  Hmmm.

Anyway, was wondering about a few other things...

For instance, on "network", can you specify this command multiple times, as in:

network --bootproto=dhcp --device=eth0 --onboot=on
network --bootproto=dhcp --device=ath0 --onboot=off

for a laptop with both wired and wireless interfaces?

And what about adding:

network --bootproto=dhcp --device=eth0 --mtu=1400

Why?  Well, when I worked at Cisco we had some users that worked over
VPN where the overhead for IPSEC/GRE tunneling reduce the maximum
UDP data size (for TFTP, etc) to 1400 bytes.  A proper client should specify
that it wanted the MaxMTU option from DHCP and then set the interface
appropriately, but not all do (PIXE comes to mind).  And then there are
static IP addresses, of course...

Being able to netboot a PC and image it without having to drive 200 miles
to come into the nearest corporate office would have been cool.

Another thing I was thinking about was being able to perform simple edits
of the contents of /etc/sysconfig files. I've written the following script to give an example of this. It has drawbacks, like not supporting subdirectories,
but that's easily fixed...

The way I use it right now is:

%post
/inst-helper/sysconfig.pl -b.orig 'init/GRAPHICAL=no' 'network/+NETWORKING_IPv6=no'

cat >> /etc/modprobe.conf <<__EOF__

# turn off IPv6
alias net-pf-10 off
alias ipv6 off
__EOF__

Does this seem like it (the functionality of the sysconfig.pl script) would be a useful extension to the parameter section of the Kickstart config file (i.e. make
it a built-in command "sysconfig" just like "xconfig" or "timezone")?

Thanks,

-Philip