Re: Ideas for some changes...

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 11:34 -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Well, I figured out that one of my issues was that the --isUtc option to
> timezone had been replaced with --utc (which I've not yet found documented)
> and that it wasn't backward compatible (even though things like the "yes"
> argument to "zerombr" are non-fatal warnings).  Hmmm.

In specific cases like this, if you file bugs against pykickstart, Chris
is quick about fixing them ;)

> For instance, on "network", can you specify this command multiple times,
> as in:
>
> network --bootproto=dhcp --device=eth0 --onboot=on
> network --bootproto=dhcp --device=ath0 --onboot=off
>
> for a laptop with both wired and wireless interfaces?

That used to work.  Note that it starts to be a little bit less relevant
as we move towards a world using NetworkManager.

> And what about adding:
>
> network --bootproto=dhcp --device=eth0 --mtu=1400

Could be easily added, just hasn't been requested before.

> Another thing I was thinking about was being able to perform simple edits
> of the contents of /etc/sysconfig files.  I've written the following
> script to give an example of this.  It has drawbacks, like not supporting
> subdirectories, but that's easily fixed...

This is pretty trivially done with sed in %post... I don't see a need to
further complicate the parameters which are already there.  Every new
command adds an increased testing burden and the amount of things that
people want to do is infinite.  Which is why there is the infinite
flexibility of %post available.

Jeremy