steps to create updates.img

Hi all,

can you please kindly guide me with creation of updates.img file.

I do my fedora4 installations with kickstart (PXE) while both -the kickstart file and the installation tree are on HTTP/NFS server.

Whenever there was a pc with  NIC that's unsupported by default - I used to append the correct driver into initrd.img.

Recently a colleague told me that this isn't the right way - and I should implement this driver update with updates.img instead.

Neither of us has never done it.

From searches on the web (and logs from local web server)-we've learned that the file updates.img should be placed under "base" directory inside the installation tree.

What I'd like to know is how to create this file (some guide).

I don't know in what format should I add the driver inside (i.e. zipped/gzipped) also what should be the directory structure  (if any).

I do know though that it should have ext2 filesystem.

If this file can be downloaded from some place-I could see it's content and maybe learn more.

Thank you very much in advance.