Re: Help: Install without touching partition table?

On Monday 09 January 2006 01:26, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jan 2006, Fritz Elfert wrote:
> > So my question is:
> > Is there any option to completely skip partitioning during install-time
> > and only specify the (pre-existing) root partition?
>
> Yes.  You can specify the partition to reformat you want in a kickstart
> file or don't specify any partitioning in your ks file.  Go into "manual
> partition" and just select 'Edit' for the partition that you want.  Select
> "Format" and "/".

That's exacliy what i did (manual, select edit, select mountpoint).
However this semms to trigger some "sanity check" (or whatever) which in turn
wants to update hda5 (which is completely unrelated to my current install).

I remember in the old days of RH7.3, there was an option which allowed to use
fdisk for manual partitioning. This disk-druid thingy seems to be a little bit
too "intelligent".

> A bunch of redhat versions automatically reuse your swap partition as
> well, but otherwise they leave everything the same.
>
> regards,
> dan carpenter

Ciao
 -Fritz

--
Fritz Elfert <fritz.elfert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                     Millenux GmbH
Lilienthalstr. 2                                  Phone: +49 711 88770 300