Re: Apples and snakes

Jeremy Katz wrote:

Yeah, this is probably the sanest approach for something like this.  But
given the lack of available ones, I'm not sure that "anaconda kickstart
configs" will pass muster.  We could go the hacky route of using one of
the reserved/private fields[1] and then allow a way of overriding the #
that's used for people that need a different one.  That would also let
us get something usable faster

Jeremy

[1] Sadly, it looks like this is what OF on Macs already do :-/

I've not done an audit to see what Apple is actually using, but it does have some validly assigned.

However, since the OF boxes I have here now all set VCI= some Apple value, I don't see any problem. Apple's usage is valid only when VCI is set to Apple's values, whether sent by client or by server.

See my previous reply.

--

Cheers
John