Re: simple installer (no menus) with Anaconda/Kickstart

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Ian Brown wrote:

Hello Anaconda List:

 I want your advice.

 I need to write an installer for Linux and I wonder if you can give
me some advice.

 These are the requirements from this installer:
  It should install from CD/DVD (**not** from FTP,NET,USB or anything else)
  What I want to install is a Linux which was made from LinuxFromScratch.
LinuxFromScratch

This is probably do-able but it's going to take a lot of work. You'll need to rip out big chunks of anaconda to do it (like package installation), plus you'll need to write out config data in the correct places. Leaving out network installs will probably help you out quite considerably.

--patrick.