RE: simple installer (no menus) with Anaconda/Kickstart

Hi Ian,
	If you are using redhat or fedora core. One can use kickstart
the anaconda installer scripting language. This can be used to
completely configure the resultant system with desired packages, disk
partitions, network, system authentication... This may sound difficult.
But if you graphically build you're first system with all desired
options; Anaconda leaves a kickstart config(Script) file in root's home
directory. You will need to uncomment the part(tition)commands. Add the
following line to the file:
# use text mode install
text

Rename the resulting anaconda-ks.cfg to ks.cfg move same to your distro
build area. Build your DVD with whatever additional packages you may
need. You'll need to use: linux ks=cdrom:ks.cfg.
And if everything was done write in modifying ks.cfg and creating distro
you should be able to walk away for 10 to 15 minutes and return to your
configured system.

J. James Meyers
MMA Mission Systems Computing Support
IT Lead & Network/System Analyst