Re: A problem customising the install to reduce the number of disks needed....

On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 02:43:08PM +0100, Oisin Mulvihill wrote:
> I'm trying to reduce the number of disks I need to use, to install a
> set of internet kiosks I have developed based on fedora. Currently
> I have my own kickstart file on a special fedora core one disk. It
> then chooses the packages I need off disks one to three. I then have a
> fourth disk that installs my software and turns the pc into a kiosk.
> I'm moving to fedora core three and now the amount of disks I need is
> up to five. I want to reduce the amount of disks down to two if
> possible.

Have you considered setting up a network mirror and reducing the CD need
down to the 5mb boot image? Since it's an internet kiosk, I assume you have
network connectivity. This'd save you a lot of the work it looks like you're
doing.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>