Re: Updating HOWTO

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 03:56:00PM -0500, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> On Saturday 19 February 2005 14:58, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 10:38:25AM -0500, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> > > I have created a simple HOWTO for updating and recreating the Fedora Core
> > > 3 distribution CDs.  It also includes information on creating DVDs
> > > instead of CDs as well as creating (and optionally expanding) the
> > > RescueCD.
> >
> > Please merge your work with the existing docs project:
> >
> > http://rau.homedns.org/twiki/bin/view/Anaconda/AnacondaDocumentationProject
>
> Thanks for the info.  However, this (AnacondaDocumentationProject) does not
> seem to be a very active effort (no updates recently) and I am not sure who
> to contact to "merge my work into the existing docs project".  This
> documentation seems oriented toward FC1 and a bit of FC2 but I see nother on
> FC3 let alone FC4.

It's a wiki - edit it to update it.  It makes sense to keep the one
effort going.

> I had searched the archives of the anaconda-devel-list as well as the
> fedora-docs-list had found nothing.  Neither is anything listed on
> http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/ under "anaconda Installer" or "Docs".  It
> is a bit hard to find an existing effort if it is being done by a few folks
> as a "stealth" effort.  I also did a google search but did not use a search
> string which found the "AnacondaDocumentationProject".  If such efforts are
> going to be done and duplication of effort minimized, then their existence
> needs to be better advertised.

It certainly has been discussed on the fedora-docs-list and been linked
to on anaconda-devel-list.  You might want to try google rather than the
list search.

> BTW, one of the my research problems may involve searching the mailing list
> archives since searching the anaconda-devel-list archive for
> "AnacondaDocumentationProject" does not find the message even though I know
> the message is there.

The mailing list search is not always great.

> I have no problem merging my stuff into an existing document or of others
> taking this information and updating their document.  However, I need to have
> some active contact to do that.

It's a wiki you should be able to just edit it.

Paul