Re: Updating HOWTO

On Saturday 19 February 2005 14:58, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 10:38:25AM -0500, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> > I have created a simple HOWTO for updating and recreating the Fedora Core
> > 3 distribution CDs.  It also includes information on creating DVDs
> > instead of CDs as well as creating (and optionally expanding) the
> > RescueCD.
>
> Please merge your work with the existing docs project:
>
> http://rau.homedns.org/twiki/bin/view/Anaconda/AnacondaDocumentationProject

Thanks for the info.  However, this (AnacondaDocumentationProject) does not
seem to be a very active effort (no updates recently) and I am not sure who
to contact to "merge my work into the existing docs project".  This
documentation seems oriented toward FC1 and a bit of FC2 but I see nother on
FC3 let alone FC4.

I had searched the archives of the anaconda-devel-list as well as the
fedora-docs-list had found nothing.  Neither is anything listed on
http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/ under "anaconda Installer" or "Docs".  It
is a bit hard to find an existing effort if it is being done by a few folks
as a "stealth" effort.  I also did a google search but did not use a search
string which found the "AnacondaDocumentationProject".  If such efforts are
going to be done and duplication of effort minimized, then their existence
needs to be better advertised.

BTW, one of the my research problems may involve searching the mailing list
archives since searching the anaconda-devel-list archive for
"AnacondaDocumentationProject" does not find the message even though I know
the message is there.

I have no problem merging my stuff into an existing document or of others
taking this information and updating their document.  However, I need to have
some active contact to do that.

Gene