Re: Updating HOWTO

On Saturday 19 February 2005 16:10, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 03:56:00PM -0500, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> > On Saturday 19 February 2005 14:58, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> > > On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 10:38:25AM -0500, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
[snip]
> > This documentation seems oriented toward FC1 and a bit of FC2 but I see
> > nother on FC3 let alone FC4.
>
> It's a wiki - edit it to update it.  It makes sense to keep the one
> effort going.
I am a little concerned about modifying the work of others.

> > I had searched the archives of the anaconda-devel-list as well as the
> > fedora-docs-list had found nothing.  Neither is anything listed on
> > http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/ under "anaconda Installer" or "Docs".
> > It is a bit hard to find an existing effort if it is being done by a few
> > folks as a "stealth" effort.  I also did a google search but did not use
> > a search string which found the "AnacondaDocumentationProject".  If such
> > efforts are going to be done and duplication of effort minimized, then
> > their existence needs to be better advertised.
>
> It certainly has been discussed on the fedora-docs-list and been linked
> to on anaconda-devel-list.  You might want to try google rather than the
> list search.
Unfortunately, google is not much better.

[snip]
> > I have no problem merging my stuff into an existing document or of others
> > taking this information and updating their document.  However, I need to
> > have some active contact to do that.
>
> It's a wiki you should be able to just edit it.

Yes, but a feel a bit strange about editing stuff that others have created.  I
have sent email to the individuals who seem to be the most active to see what
their response will be.

Also, it sure would be nice if this effort (AnacondaDocumentationProject) was
mentioned on the Anaconda Installer page of
http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/

Gene