Re: config for undetected hda

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 17:29 -0500, James_Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> While you're that anaconda needs to be to detect devices to use them,
> there is a way to make it work.  In my situation we had HP servers with no
> configured hardware RAID sets and I wanted to install RHEL on them in a
> scripted manner.  Well anaconda blatantly refused to let me even go into
> %pre to run some commands to create the raid sets (I think this is a
> flawed design, IMHO), in order to work around that, I did the following,
> which may work for you:

As of at least FC3/RHEL4 and later, you don't actually need your hack
anymore.  If you're using kickstart, we let you go onto the second stage
even if you don't have hard drives on the hope that you know what you're
doing :)  And if you don't, you just get stopped later.

That doesn't help the Xen case, though.

Jeremy