Re: [patch] anaconda-10.1.0.2-quotefstype.patch

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 18:28 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 14:39 -0700, Danen Br�wrote:
> > Here's a quick patch for two related bugs that caught me until I found
> > the post here:
> >
> > Anaconda produces an incorrect anaconda-ks.cfg for LVM+MD by not quoting
> > the argument to --fstype. As the post suggests, you can simply remove
> > the --fstype <arg> part all together and anaconda will guess that the
> > fstype for anything starting with pv. should have the "physical volume
> > (LVM)" type. But, this patch makes it work as the ks file is currently
> > generated.
>
> Thanks for the patch, applied to CVS.
>
> Note that it really helps to also stick patches in bugzilla
> (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla) in addition to mailing them to
> avoid them getting lost.  I noticed this one (and your other from last
> week) and flagged them to avoid them getting lost, but I can't always
> guarantee that I succeed at doing that.  If they're in bugzilla then
> they at least come back to haunt me when working on bringing the bug
> count :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeremy

Yeah, I didn't see #92038 in bugzilla until after I had posted the patch
to the list. In the future I'll make sure to check bugzilla more closely
and get the patches attached there too, creating the bugs if need be.
For things like the reboot patch, which don't fix a currently open bug,
but kinda add a new feature, would you like me to open bugs on those
too?

--
Danen Br�Modwest Sr. Engineer
Powerful, Affordable Web Hosting