Re: anaconda and encrypted root

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 08:34 -0500, Brian Long wrote:
> Are there efforts underway to add the ability to install to an encrypted
> root filesystem during installation?  I read the recent Linux Journal
> article about converting root to encrypted using Fedora Core 3's
> dm_crypt module.  If dm_crpyt is included in FC3, when will anaconda be
> able to use it during installation?  Will it make it into RHEL 4?

It's been requested a few times, but as of yet, there's not been a good
look taken at what the user interaction needs to be and thus no work has
been done on it.  The fact that this has all been in flux (movement from
cryptoloop -> dm-crypt) doesn't help to bolster my confidence in things
staying the same for long :-)

Jeremy