Problem hitting enter at final reboot screen

This is with FC2.

I'm having a problem with pressing "Enter" at the final dialog (labeled "Complete") that asks you to reboot. This is after doing a PXE kickstart installation. The entire install is automated, this is the first and only screen that asks for any user input. I realize I can make this screen go away with a ks.cfg entry, but I need it because I need to catch the box before it reboots again.

Anyway, the problem is that there is a blinking cursor just to the right of the reboot "button". If I press Enter, nothing happens, except the blinking cursor moves down the screen. Only when I type space and then press Enter does the button actually get "pressed", and the box reboots. I can type other chars and then Enter and nothing happens, the space is definitely significant.

I assume something I can't see is asking for input. Any characters I type before I hit Enter are echoed to the screen. I run a "ps" and I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

I can switch to other virtual terminals and see them while the Complete dialog is being displayed. The F2 console interaction works correctly both before and after the Complete dialog is displayed.

One possibility is that anaconda or kickstart is objecting to some rpm that I haven't installed. I edit comps.xml pretty heavily to remove unused packages. I did a similar thing with RH8 (different comps.xml, of course), and it worked fine.

Everything seems to work okay, it's just annoying and I'm worried I might have broken something I haven't noticed yet.

Any ideas how I can tell what is going on, or what program is actually asking for input?

Thanks in advance.

Eric.