implantisomd5/checkisomd5 funny stuff

hey people

First question - can anyone verify that the output of these two anaconda-runtime scripts in Fedora-Core-1 has changed since the versions in RedHat-7.3?

There doesn't seem to be any output from checkisomd5 anymore when run on the command line - making it difficult to know if it succeeds or not. (I don't know how to force a failed check to see if a failure outputs something different!) I am assuming that no output means a 'PASS' for now ...

Second question - I was installing my custom cd on a machine that was giving me weird errors. Turned out that I had to pass the 'allowcddma' option at the boot: prompt and then everything was ok. Strange thing is that now, since passing 'allowcddma' one time, my attempts at reinstallation have NOT required the 'allowcddma' option, and everything is sweet! Have I permanently activated dma on the cd and so now I don't need to pass it anymore?

Third question - Actually everything is not sweet above - this machine (since passing the 'allowcddma' option) fails my media-check everytime. If I take the cd and run it in another (older) machine - it passes. It also passes the check if I run it in a vmware machine. Any ideas what's up with that?

thanks

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!