Re: FW: Missing RPM

Chan, Dominic wrote:

Can you tell me what exactly does pkgorder and buildinstall do?  Is it
require?

dwc
mmm it seems Forrest has been a bit busy lately so I will try to relieve a bit of work for him ...

pkgorder when run normally will give you an ordered list of your rpm packages - in the order that they will be installed on the system. You can modify this file if you wish and rearrange the order of package installation. Then you pass your modified file to the genhdlist command and your changes will take effect next time you run your install.

buildinstall is a tricky one. You need it if you have modified anaconda source. It rebuilds all of the .img files in the /base directory and applies your custom changes to anaconda. You don't need to run buildinstall if you haven't modified the anaconda source (or if you are using the RHupdates option to make any customizations to anaconda).

I'm certainly no expert but I hope that clears some stuff up for ya!

(p.s. - are you absolutely required to add that annoying signature to all emails?)
pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!